Can you solve 3 impossible problems before breakfast?
If so, you’re the Organisational Genius we are looking for!
Talk for Health is a small, fast-paced, innovative mental health social enterprise. We teach lay people the skills of therapeutic talk, and empower them to set up and/or take part in ongoing groups. We work in Islington and Camden funded by the NHS and others. We have a small central team of 3 and a team of 20+ off-site Associates and volunteers.
We need a super-organised, ‘Make it Happen’ person as a full-time Operations Executive. You will play a key role in supporting our CEO and Operations Manager in running our service and our organisation. We need someone super-organised, efficient, a brilliant problem-solver and very good with Excel and other platforms. There is lots of scope to help us grow, and to grow your own role.
This is a friendly, entrepreneurial setting at our home-based office in NW3. You will spend at least 3 mornings per week in NW3 and/or in Islington, our main area of operation. The rest of the time you can work from home or where you like.
You will ideally have experience of managing training programmes or events, including: promotion; dealing with course participants; data management; evaluation; managing volunteers; diary management. You will be able to:
- Organise yourself and others to exceptionally high standards
- Manage multiple workstreams at fast pace and with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Tackle and solve new problems with ingenuity
- Maintain extremely high standards and attention to detail
- Be an excellent written and verbal communicator
- Be warm yet firm with a wide range of people – including those in distress who may present with challenging behaviour
- Stay calm under fire
Please don’t apply if you are looking for sanctuary from the world. But if you want to become part of a fantastic social enterprise doing a worthwhile thing, step forward.
The job is full-time and you will need to:
- Have your own computer
- Work some evenings and weekends
- Have at least a year’s relevant work experience
- Be expert with Microsoft Office Excel, and ideally Mailchimp, Eventbrite, WordPress and Project Management software (we use Trello)
You wlll start with a 3-month trial period in February. Pay is £2,000 per calendar month and a more detailed job description is below.
As a first step, end your CV and cover letter saying why you would be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put ‘Operations Executive Application’ in the title bar.
The next stages will be: application form, interview and test task.
Operations Executive Job Description
A very diverse range of tasks supporting our Ops Manager and CEO. These include:
- Promote and fill programmes and events
- Organise and schedule events; book and liaise with venues; order, print and pack materials; co-ordinate staff, volunteers and participants
- Evaluation: collect and enter data pre and post programme, with follow ups at 3, 6 and 18 months. Manage database effectively
- Diary management.
- Comms and community engagement via Mailchimp, Wiser hosting, Twitter, Facebook and face to face
- Attend opening and closing sessions of trainings
There will also be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in creative activities including social media, newsletter and bid-writing.